Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Cast on!

I currently have 3 pairs of socks underway. For a while, I was sticking with 2 - one in plain stockinette, and a patterned pair. But they are both Christmas knitting, and I want a new, happy pair of socks for memememememe. So I cast on for a pair of baby cabled ribs, in STR Pride:

I'm loving this colorway! And thank god I brought these with me to the doctor this morning. I managed to get in a bit of a fender bender on the way to the doc (only damage is a small dent to my bumper and my pride) - which obviously elevated my blood pressure. Normally, no big deal - but in a 38w5d pregnant woman, apparently gives you a ticket to labor and delivery to get monitored. Sigh. When they started monitoring me, my blood pressure was at 160/100 (ouch) and by the time I left, back down to 111/55 (much better). But the funniest thing? I was knitting away, waiting for the doc, and all the nurses start piling in my room - they are all taking a sock knitting class together! So they run back to their lockers, and bring their knitting to show. It was awesome. I was very well taken care of.
And now I'm on modified bed rest - which means no cooking or cleaning! And tomorrow is Thanksgiving. I guess Aaron and my mom are going to be doing all the work!
I also cast on for a Chevron Scarf from Last Minute Knitted Gifts. I think I'm the last gal (at least one with such a *cough* abundant *cough* STR stash) to make one of these:

I wanted something pretty and fun but also EASY to bring with me to the hospital to knit. So I cast on and threw it in my hospital bag. I'm using Silkie in Scaponia, and then a medium weight Rare Gem. This is some of the stash enhancement from Sock Camp... nice memories to bring with me to meet the FiberFishling!

4 comments:

said...

Nice socks. Sorry about the fender/bender. Just glad you weren't hurt.

Watching your blog for the big news!

Happy Thanksgiving,
Angela

said...

I feel for you! My blood pressure was elevated at the end of my pregnancy and I too was on modified bed rest. They were waiting for me to get to 39 weeks so they could induce, but luckily he came at 38w4d. He will a year in less than 2 weeks! I have to admit, it felt really weird not doing anything to help on Thanksgiving. Take it easy. Try to enjoy the rest. Happy Thanksgiving!

said...

So sorry about the accident, but there are worse things than modified bed rest. Think of it as one last, uninterrupted knitting time hurrah before the Fishling arrives.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!

said...

ickypoo about the fender bender - i hope everyone made your life nice and easy on thanksgiving!

and don't worry, you're not the last person with a large str stash to make the chevron scarf - i'm behind you in line somewhere!!!