But - I also had a day of conference calls ahead of me, and didn't think I'd have an issue getting the last few inches completed. Until I pulled out my knitting for my 10 AM call, and found the broken needle. I taped it:
Let's just say that taping a needle together is not the BEST solution for this issue. I was severely slowed in my knitting by the yarn catching on the tape... but as I said, was on conference calls for the most of the day - so I wouldn't be able to pop out and get another needle. I even called a knit bud that lives close to my office, and sometimes works from home, and of course, she wasn't working from home yesterday, so couldn't come to my rescue.
By 4:45 PM, after hanging up on my last call of the day, I had a finished pair of socks:Phew! These are really pretty... and I have high hopes for them to get a ribbon. I'm going to wait to give my 'official' finished project post until I have some better pictures - these are all phone pictures taken in frustration over the whole broken needle issue.
Sunday, I find out how I did!