Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Baby Mine

I totally know why Stephanie, as a knitter, thinks that all babies should be girls. I've been knitting gender neutral stuff for my baby stash for THREE YEARS. And it does get old. Baby girl stuff is just so much cuter.


I started my version of Baby Mine over vacation - and really didn't get all that far - as I got all distracted by the new fun yarn and hawks and massages and stuff. You know how things like that happen... But now - my Susie Hoodie is WAY to big to carry around, so this project will get some more action. I'm using Dream in Color Smooshy, and I love the color - not too pink, not too purple. I have this vision of knitting both Baby Mine and Baby Yours, and then getting sweet little gender specific onsies to go under them as the 'going home' outfit (depending on what comes out, of course). But I have yet to find the blue color I want for Baby Yours. There is still time.

Well, 86 days, give or take, but who is counting?

7 comments:

said...

Yikes 86 days!

said...

I like the yarn lovely color.

T-86. It will be here in no time!

said...

86 days? That's nothing! So exciting ...

said...

That's a lovely pink - not too saccarine and I'm sure Dream in Colour must do a blue of equal loveliness. Good luck with the last 86 days

said...

I love those colours, I have been knitting my grand-daugher things in similar colours, and she looks adorable in all the pinks & mauves. After two sons this is a welcome treat for me to be knittting pinks.

said...

Very pretty color!

Only 86 days left? (I'm sure you're not thinking ONLY 86 days).

said...

Hello, thanks for posting this