Friday, July 11, 2008

If you don't like cute, don't look here.

I haven't been knitting a huge amount for the baby. Mostly because everyone is telling me that sweaters for a newborn aren't really the smartest clothing choice.... and I have many knitter pals that I think I'm going to anger if I knit a HUGE amount of stuff. But last night, I got to thinking... this baby is being born in Dec. And oil prices are wicked high. I got concerned about the warmth of the baby's little feet! Cotton socks will NOT do! So I pulled out 50 Baby Bootees to Knit, and decided to knit my way through the unisex 0-3 month patterns.


Naturally, the first pair I picked was the Fish Bootees:


Yes. They are THAT CUTE. This morning, I went into my yarn room to find the right yarn, and I started to sweat a bit that I didn't have the right colors (naturally I wanted to start them RIGHT THEN). I dug around in the stash, and found a small bit of STR Heavyweight in Sunstone and then the navy Cashsoft DK. Perfect. The little lines on the top and bottom are supposed to be yellow - but I think it looks good in the same color as the fish.

Onto bootee #2!

9 comments:

said...

Please pass the insulin.

said...

That is just TOO cute!!! And fishies for a baby? Adorable. And hardly overdone.

said...

They are so appropriate for your baby. I think sweaters (jumpers), matinee jackets, cardigans are very good for the baby, they look gorgeous over romper suits (all in one bonds baby suits), and the socks, bootees can go over the top, sweet.

said...

They are very very cute!

said...

Too, too cute!

(You *are* still planning on letting us spoil your fishling at sock camp, right? Right?)

JustJen

said...

So cute!!!

said...

They are darling! I must get that book!

said...

No doubt this will be one well-shod baby. But you absolutely have to knit a 6mo.+ sweater for winter. There are just too many too cute ones.

So glad all is going well.

said...

Yes, they are THAT CUTE! I loves them. I can't wait to see a picture of them on little baby feet!