I finished my first of the Cleopatra's Stockings! It's a really fun pattern - but I have a few observations for those of you yet to start. I made the medium because the large was looking to big - and the foot fits great. Unfortunately, it's a little hard to get over my heel. Not impossible - but not easy either. I think that going up to the large would have been better - the traveling stitches would have pulled it in enough to fit well in the foot.
Also - if you are not a size 10 foot - I would recommend making another repeat on the cuff. I did as instructed, and it's only about 5 inches high (with a bit of yarn left over). I actually like this length - but I think the pattern would look nicer a little higher. Although for someone with my 'ample' ankles would need to go up a needle size (which is an option in the pattern - I was just too obsessed with the knitting to stop and find bigger needles - I don't think it would have helped the fit over my heel). Oh, and instead of 'casting off loosely' I did EZ's sewn bind off. I wanted to be sure it was super stretchy.
I do LOVE the toe and the heel. I've never done either techniques - and I especially love the toe. I'll use that one again!
Onto sock #2.