Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Ode to Jeanie

Oh Jeanie, how I love thee.

Your reversible cables, though tedious, look so wonderful. And dropping stitches every once in a while - too much fun. I can't wait to drop those final stitches and block you out! I know from seeing Rachel's blocking and then with her wearing it that I am absolutely going to LOVE the finished product.

But the actual knitting is perfect for me right now. The whole pattern is pretty much knit one purl one, twisted knit one twisted purl one. Which in my mind switches to knit one purl one KNIT one PURL one (you know, because the twisted stitches are louder?). I've started up on the drugs for my next IVF cycle, and of course my mind is racing at 1000 miles a minute. This project is great therapy. Not crazy complicated (which with the amount of hormones coursing through my system? That could get real ugly real fast), but also not totally mindless (garter stitch blanket, totally not happening now).

I'm using STR lightweight, and am hoping to make it a bit longer than the prescribed 70 inches. I have 5 skeins of the lightweight, and the first ball got me about 16 inches (unblocked, of course). That would be about 80 inches, not taking into account the cabled edging I need to put on both ends. I'm not going to think about it just yet, as I have miles and miles and miles of knit one purl one KNIT one PURL one to go.

6 comments:

said...

ooh...fingers crossed (I mean CROSSED in bold ha) for a good IVF outcome....you're in my thoughts!

said...

Best wishes for a great IVF cycle!
I can't wait to knit this one myself. Your's looks great. Good to know it's an easy knit!

said...

It's looking great. And I'm sending good vibes your way!

said...

I'll be thinking about you... we all need knitting therapy for something.

said...

Hope it turns out great. (Yes, both of them.)

said...

fingers crossed here in NZ too (we're got that time zone, crossed fingers at all times somewhere in the world thing, covered!)