Sunday, March 02, 2008

Tamed

Before my weekend begun, I wound up my Yarn Monster, in hopes of taming him:

He was a little nervous ( I think you can see it in his eyes.....) but agreed to be knit into an Unoriginal Hat:

I still have yarn left over! The hat looked a little too tame, so I added the tassel at the end to make it a but more fun. It's the most perfect hat I've ever knit - fits just right, and totally made by me! Yarn and all! (well, I had help with the tassel). Very satisfying!

Since I was so good with using up my handspun less than a week after creating it, my stash must have felt out of balance, and informed this sock yarn:


It just attacked me at the yarn store. I was walking by the wall of sock yarn, and said 'Oh my god' when I saw that Soxie - the green and pink - how could I resist? And that trip was easily the 10th time I've picked up that color of Smooshy, so finally gave into that sock yarn also. What's a girl to do!?

7 comments:

said...

What a great hat! It was the perfect project for your beautiful handspun.

said...

Great work with the handspun and the hat! It looks fantastic!

said...

The handspun is gorgeous. The hat was a great choice! Loving it.

said...

great hat! beautiful sock yarn. perfect!

said...

Fabulous hat! And I helped.

So where exactly is this yarn store?

said...

Nice hat, it doesn't look like a monster.

said...

I really don't see how you could have passed that pink/green Soxie up, Cece!