Thursday, March 06, 2008

I'm such a cheater.

I'm sure you guys all remember my BPT sweater. What? You don't? I don't know why - the last time I worked on this was 2005. Ha. Anyway. I was digging through old projects, figuring out what needed to be finished for my Mission Possible '08 list. This was a big WIP... and I really didn't want to start it up again, because I'd messed up my gauge, which worked out fine for the body, but not so fine for the sleeves. Which I'd stopped and started over 4 times. Very. Frustrating. Especially when the yarn is so soft and nice, and I knew I would wear the finished product a lot.

I then remembered that one of my LYS mentioned that they had a woman who, for money, of course, would finish up half started projects. Well - no one for Mission Possible defined HOW the projects were to be finished, did they?! So I sent it off. And yesterday, I picked it up. I love it.
Funny, it's a little bit smaller than I have been making my latest sweaters - and it looks great. I think I need to remember this for future sweaters. It even has a hood!
Specs (Which I can barely remember)

Yarn: Davos, by Tahki Yarns, color 18 (discontinued). I got this at Webs on my very first visit there.

Pattern: BPT from Knitty, used a size 6 needle. Most of the knitting was done on my trip to China in 2004. I only brought one needle with me, so when I realized that I wasn't getting gauge, I decided to 'fudge it'. It went surprisingly well for the body - but not so much on the arms. I'm so glad I decided to let someone else deal with this crisis instead of ripping it out. The yarn is soft and wonderful, and the sweater fits just right!

Here are a few more goofy pictures - it's what happens when you ask Aaron to 'help'...

You want me to unzip?

Here you go!
Ta da!

12 comments:

said...

It looks fantastic. You are quite the model! ;)

said...

Yay.
One WIP down!
I'm tempted to follow your plan...
I have some Mission Possible work to do that still seem onerous.

said...

Very cute! And what a great idea - she actually finished it (not just put it together)?

said...

Da Daa DAAH... It looks great!

said...

I love it. And I am definitely all for whatever works.

said...

A nice quick way to turn a WIP into a FO! Nothing wrong with that. Looks great!

said...

I love it! And who cares if you had some help. What's important is that it's done!

said...

hooray! i remember when we got that yarn - i had enough to knit a sweater, and have enough left to knit another one! (so if anyone wants it... it's going cheap...)

said...

Looks great!

said...

I'd much rather get a little help than have a guilt inducing UFO glaring at me.... Well done.

I love that you had so much fun with your photo shoot. Definately gave me a giggle.

said...

Love the third picture! Congrats on a finished project (and one last bag in the knitting room :)

said...

That looks great. Score one for for the FO's!