Wednesday, March 26, 2008

It's easy being green.

On Friday, I couldn't stand it anymore. I cast on for a sock. With happy Spring Green yarn from Sunshine Yarns. I then checked the STR blog, and find I should be expecting my new sock yarn on Saturday. So I raced to finish my new sock (note not the pair) before the new yarn arrived. And then I didn't get it on Saturday. I probably should have went back to Jeanie, but I was having so much fun not having to k1p1k1p1k1p1k1p1 that I kept knitting on the sock. I finished one, and was well past the heel on the second by Monday afternoon.


And then the STR arrived on Monday. Hence:


So, I've got the STR in this great Lucky colorway, and an awesome Cat Bordhi inspired pattern:
And an awesome Feather and Fan sock that I've wanted to make every since I bought this yarn.
(Ha. Didn't notice that you could see the sanded hardwood flood in the picture. Any guesses at what Aaron is up to this week?)

Anyway. I could wax poetic on both patterns. I love them both for different reasons. But - I'm saving that for a different day. I will tell you that the Lucky's are getting finished first!

4 comments:

said...

Your socks are both awesome. I should have known it would only take you a couple of days to knit. I hope you have fun this weekend.

said...

Man, are you fast, especially given your foot size. Pretty socks!

said...

NICE!!

said...

They are both lovely colours of green and the patterns look good.