Monday, March 24, 2008

E is for Excitement

I know I'm late with this one... but I didn't have any clue what to post. Just now, inspiration struck. I have been getting more and more excited a trip I'm making in less than a month!

I'm going to SOCK CAMP! Remember last year's Blue Moon Fiber Art's sock camp?!?! I had SO much fun. I cried a little as we drove away. I made new friends. As the year continued, Aaron and I talked about what we wanted to spend money on (most was allocated to the big living room renovation). I mentioned Sock Camp, and he was like - seriously? You went last year. Not in a nasty way, but more asking why I would want to go to the same place twice. Also, it was looking like IVF treatment times were going to over lap....

And then... I was on Ravelry. And reading about the assorted fun that gals were planning (someone actually owns a mini-bus - and they are all driving down from Seattle in the bus together! And taking it on the ferry!!). That coincided with a conversation I had with Tina that space was filling up - and wasn't I going to come? And then I saw Stephanie at a book signing (or some other random Yarn Harlot sighting) and she asked if I was coming.. and then my IVF treatment got pushed up by a month....

Needless to say, I started to realize I REALLY wanted to go. I talked to Aaron, and was such a softy - 'Babe, if you want to go, just go'. So I called, and I think I was the person who took the very last available spot. And, on April 13th, nice and early, I'm flying to Seattle for a week of fun and knitting on Orcas Island!

EXCITEMENT ABOUNDS!

6 comments:

said...

Yeah!!! Cece have fun, and I can't wait to hear/read about it. Is it like vegas, what happens at camp stays at camp?

said...

Ummm, yah, excitement abounds here too!! I am on vacation now with my family, and when I get home, I will have just two weeks before camp!! Definitely excited!! I am so glad you are coming. :)

said...

Sounds like a lot of fun... have a blast and take lots of pics.

said...

As if my eyes were not green enough already.

said...

When that train whistle blows just for you, ya gotta jump on! What fun!

said...

E is for Envy. I still wish I was going, too.

Sniff.