Sunday, February 24, 2008

What a blast!

On a whim, I went to SPA this weekend. What an AWESOME decision! I dragged my mother with me, and we stayed at the Harraseeket Inn. Just on that front - it was a great weekend. The food and the room was so much more than I expected. I would totally recommend it to anyone wanting to go away for a weekend.

And then the people and the fun of the actual event! This is the only picture I took (I was too busy spinning!): That is the circle of friends I was spinning with... lots of great spinning going on. I managed to spin up 4 oz. of some of my Spunky Fiber of the month club stash (the July color, celebration) and ply it! I just soaked it, and it's currently drying. Once it's dry, I'll show it off!

Barely a stitch of knitting got done all weekend! Spinning is freaking awesome. Another big THANK YOU to Lucia for letting me use her wheel and being really patient with me and showing me stuff.

8 comments:

said...

I bought my first wheel last weekend and love it! So hard to balance knitting and spinning time, isn't it?

said...

You're quite welcome (heh heh heh). Your yarn is awesome too -- haven't uploaded pix yet, but it may soon appear on my blog.

said...

cool - i'm glad you had such a great weekend! the haraseeket inn is really nice - i've eaten there before (college in maine).

said...

It was great to hang out with you! Your yarn looks terrific!!

said...

It was great to meet you, (you sat with us on Saturday morning). Your yarn came out fantastic! You should be very proud. I can't wait to see your wheel!

said...

It was nice to meet you. You really did make some beautiful yarn!

said...

I love it when you drink the kool aid. So glad you had fun, and so sorry I wasn't there...

said...

Your first yarn was fabulous. Now knit with it. Don't be scared!