Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Grrr,

Yesterday. was a very cold day. I think the high was 21 degrees. So, I sat down with some nice warm steel cut oatmeal (with cherries and blueberries in it, yum) and some nice big wool to make a hat. Stephanie's Unoriginal Hat.

You see, the yarn was given to me by a friend, and I love it. And it's soft and nice - ready to be made into a hat. But I lost the ball band, so I wasn't sure on the yardage. Figured it MUST be at least 80!

Nope.
Not even close. Damn it!

So I picked up some punchneedle (obviously wasn't in the mood to knit on any of the current THREE sweaters I have in the works). And ran on of thread on the first one. Then I picked up a second NEW punchneedle.... and of course, one of the colors I bought at the store was wrong.

Hey - at least Aaron and I won ourselves a jet for our band on Rock Band (aka the most fun time suck invented for an X-box).

4 comments:

said...

Ha cold being a high of 26 we have been in the -3 -+5 for a week! Have I mentioned I hate winter?
I hate when you have something almost done and then you run out of yarn. I have been there! xo

said...

I ran out of yarn 5 rows from the end on this hat. Sooooooo frustrating.

said...

Well, it's pretty yarn, anyway. Maybe an Unoriginal Earwarmer?

said...

Don't forget about the socks in the works too (couldn't resist). I think I might be running to Webs next week if they have the yarn I could pick you up some more.