Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Good news, bad news

The past couple months I know I haven't been posting a lot, but it's been a bit of an emotional roller-coaster. As I mentioned a little bit, we went through an IVF cycle in Nov. We had the excitement of a positive pregnancy test right before Thanksgiving, but we were kind of holding back on the happiness as my numbers were lower than they'd like. And then things were looking good, but at my first ultrasound, the baby was measuring behind (not a good sign) but I kept up hope. On Monday, I had a miscarriage.

I'm sad - but I'm ok. We'll go forward with another IVF cycle in Jan/Feb. Just wish this whole road to parenthood didn't have so many potholes.

On the good side of this (you've got to find the silver lining) with all of the bed rest and doctors appointments I've had in the past weeks, I had plenty of time to finish up my mother's Christmas sweater. This is a pre-blocking picture (it's soaking in Eucalan right now):


You'll notice that I didn't even try to be matchy on the front. And that right front was re-knit about 4 times (I needed to knit on Tuesday, but couldn't keep my head straight).
Details:
Pattern: Jabes from Simply Noro
Yarn; Transitions from Noro, Color 6
Needles: Size 9
Size: extra small
This is a super easy pattern, and at 3 sts to the inch, nice and fast (again with the nice and fast knits). It definitely needs a wash and block - as the yarn, while a wonderful mix of all things wonderful (55% wool, 7% cashmere, 7% alpaca, 7% camel, 7% kid mohair, 10% silk) is a bit rough. It also needs blocking to make that garter stitch band falls nicely. And, I'm going to wrap it and finish it mostly - and then make my mom put in her own zipper! Ha. I'm evil.
I have enough yarn to make this sweater for me also - which I think I'm going to cast on for once I finish my final Drive-thru sweater.

9 comments:

said...

sorry seems like such a silly thing to say, but i really am. here is sending positive thoughts for the next time around, and holding you close in my thoughts and prayers right now. the sweater looks great!

said...

I'm so sorry about the miscarriage - that totally sucks. FX for a shorter rather than longer roller coaster ride - either way you look at it, it has already gone on too long.

said...

Crap. I'm so sorry.
Sigh.

said...

Oh Cece, I'm so sorry. I never knew how many bumps were on the road to babies until I traveled it myself. I hope your road ends soon.

said...

So sorry to hear about this Cece. I have my fingers crossed for you.

said...

I am so very sorry, Cece. My thoughts are with you and your hubby.

said...

Saw your post on Knitting Friends and had to stop to send hugs. I went thru lots of infertility treatment and have some sense of how difficult it can be. I too had an early miscarriage and even though you try to hold some of your heart back, it still hurts and it's still a deep loss. I hope you are able to gather together some personal time and grieve. I hope your knitting brings you comfort; it did me.

Many, many hugs and warm wishes.

said...

Oh Cece, I am sad for you and Aaron. It is great to hear you are being positive and thinking of the future and when you try again. I wish you all the luck in the world for the next time you try.

said...

Cece, I'm so sorry for your loss. I know that you wanted to get pregnant and I hope that you won't be discouraged and will try again. I had a miscarriage in September and I want nothing more than to be pregnant again.
My thoughts are with you and I hope you will have good news again.