Wednesday, December 26, 2007

And a hat for me!

After WAY to many mistakes and ripping out, I finally finished the hat I started for me!

My face isn't in the picture for a very good reason.... I've managed to get a cold on top of everything else!

Details:

Pattern - Hermione's Cable and Bobble Hat from Charmed Knits

Yarn -Valley Yarns Belle (100% hand dyed silk)

Details - I started this in October! If It wasn't for Raverly, I wouldn't have remember when I started. I got distracted by all my holiday knitting. I saw this sitting unfinished in my knitting basket and thought I would take an hour or so to finish. Well, 3 major frogging sessions and more than a few hours later, it's done. It wasn't the pattern - it was me! I kept on getting in a groove and forgetting to see where I was on the chart. The finished product I wonderfully soft and warm. Now, to make the matching mittens.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas - I'm happy to have survived! We had more than a few crisis here in the past week (I had to have a D&C after the miscarriage, we had a big snow/ice storm that clogged up the gutters and brought water into the new addition, and had a clog in the main water drain to the house - and that is only naming a FEW of the things that went wrong!). But - I did get some wonderful presents that I'll be sharing with you all as the week goes on.

2 comments:

said...

Your hat is lovely. Hope you have an awesome New Year.

said...

Back in town and on line - sorry to hear about all your wonderful "gifts" nature has been dumping on you. Hope you are taking care of yourself - the beautiful hat should help!!