Wednesday, November 07, 2007

How crazy is this idea?

I'm not knitting any big gifts for Christmas. I was teetering on the edge of making a sweater for my uncle, but decided against it. But, on my visit to Portland in April, my niece pointed out that all her handknit sweaters were too small. I had planned on making her a new sweater for her birthday (which is on Friday). That obviously isn't going to happen. But I could do a combo birthday/Christmas sweater....

Insert this cool children's sweater. I've seen a bunch of finished Drive Thru sweaters and they look really fun! I've got 2 nieces and one nephew that I could knit these for (my brother lives in Orlando, talk about people who don't need wool! Those nieces will get a store bought gift)... and the ages are 2, 4, and 6. Think I could finish these in time for Christmas?

Am I crazy? But how freaking cute would matching sweaters all around be? Seriously.

6 comments:

said...

Way cute, would you have time to finish them?

said...

Too freaking cute, that's what. Go for it.

said...

It's adorable.....I would wear iT!

said...

Of course you have time to make all 3!

FWIW, I made dd1's size 10 Cabo Hoodie (also by Wendy Bernard) in 3 wks & dd2's size 4 Cabo Hoodie in 1.5 wks and you are a much faster knitter than I am.

said...

Seriously freaking cute. Go for it.

said...

If you have the time, I think that would be insanely cute and totally worth the effort.