Sunday, October 21, 2007

Fun!

Rhinebeck was a blast! And what a beautiful day. Taking the bus from Webs was really a great way to do it too. I got to spend a lot of time talking with Cara (who assured me that my upcoming IVF cycle will not be a scary as I'm thinking it will be) and Sara (who was wearing a very pretty Arwen, of course I didn't take any pictures). I met Peggy, and got to catch up with Ann, and Vicky!

Oh, and got to spend a lot of time holding Ruth's BEAUTIFUL new baby. What a sweetie.

I wore the Maple Tree shawl and it got rave reviews. I feel bad as so many people loved it, but it's not on the Just Our Yarns Website. If you are coming over to my blog to get the link - I'm sure if you mention the pattern name to the gals there, they will sell it to you!

I only bought a small amount of yarn. I got some red lace weight to make the 'Heere Be Dragones Shawl' and then some Briar Rose Fibers 4th of July yarn to make an Icarus. Fun!

I did see some cool sheep:


I'm tired from all the linking. Off to relax for the rest of my Sunday!

5 comments:

said...

Your shawl is absolutely beautiful!

I'm so envious about your trip to Rhinebeck. I may just have to scrape together some of those frequent flyer miles to go one day. It sounds like you had fun!

said...

We also stopped at WEBS on the way! I saw another group in there that I recognized later in the hotel. It must be a popular spot for a break during the drive.

said...

it was great seeing you!

said...

It was so great to meet you! I had fun wandering around the festival with you and Cara :).

said...

Oh my gosh - that's knitorious! She's the first blog I cried over, one of the first I ever read. And there you are, sitting right next to her holding her hand. I'm completely starstruck with you now.

And let's not even mention Cara.