Monday, October 22, 2007

Cute Baby Stuff

My friend's baby had her first birthday on Friday! She is a sweet little girl, and I really haven't done much knitting for her. I made her a quilt for the baby shower, and a tiny pair of booties... but no exciting knitting gift. Ever since Anouk came out on knitty, I've wanted to make it - but never knew of any baby girls! A perfect match.

Specs:

Pattern: Anouk from Knitty

Needles: Size 4

Yarn: Cascade Pima Tencel (as the pattern called for)

For whatever reason, this pattern was hard for me to read. I popped around the internet checking out other people thoughts, and they all said 'Great pattern! Easy to read!'. Sigh. I'm going to chalk it up to the fertility drugs that I am taking. I even wasn't all that sure about the directions when they say to just put little tabs on the side, and not sew it up! I wrote an email to Kate Gilbert, and she wrote right back, showing me a great picture of the finished dress on her site. (where I had already looked to try and find the answer to my question, and somehow missed that. Again, loopy on lupron.).

The finished product is SUPER cute. I would definitely make it again (pending reviews from the parents!).

3 comments:

said...

i think that you did a fantastic job on it! i love the colors you chose.

said...

It's adorable!

said...

Did you modify it? It looks like you added more rows as the dress is longer.