Wednesday, September 19, 2007

The Sock Herd

Hahahaha. Can't stop the puns.


But seriously.... I have had many requests to see pictures of all the socks together. Here we go! First - I thought I should pile up the socks with the plant that was the background for a bunch of socks pictures (this plant is right outside my front door):


Then I made them all line up nicely:
And finally, a little close up so you can see them all:
Oh? And I bet you wonder what my big winnings were? It's in the middle of the 'ring of socks':
Can you see it? Aaron reminded me of the conversation:

Me: I can totally knit 17 pairs of socks in 20 weeks.

Aaron: I bet you $100 that you can't!

Me: That is too much - let's make it $20.

Sigh. I should have stuck with the $100. Hey - at least it's enough for some more sock yarn!

Here ends the sock knitting.

13 comments:

said...

Yahoo - you are rich!! Beautiful pile of socks too!

said...

You so win! And now you've got bragging rights forever, which in the long run will be even better than the $20.

said...

Awesome! Whew, go knit yourself a bulky sweater...on 11s!

said...

coooooolllllllll!!!!!!

said...

You should have talked him up to $200. Seriously, that is truly amazing, especially to a glacial knitter such as myself.

said...

Congratulations! It has been such a great adventure to watch.

said...

WOW. You're a wild woman. A crazy wild woman, but a crazy wild woman with very stylish, fancy feet.

I am seriously impressed.

Rock on.

said...

They are all very nice. And yes you should have stuck with the $100.

said...

I have really enjoyed your knitting adventure!! The socks are fantastic and so are you, though I would have held out for the hundred too!!!

said...

Gee you gave up $100 it would have been better atleast

Well done on your effort and think of all the gifts you did make too.

said...

But at least you made more tha a dollar a pair!

Congratulations on this amazing achievement...and on keping all 17 pair in the house until you could take pictures!

I'm missing you and Aaron and Abby and Henry lots....and being able to just sit and knit a little too.

Ljh

said...

Wow, that is some major sock knitting mojo! I think you earned the $100!

said...

Get down with your socks girl!!!!