Thursday, August 09, 2007

The good things about knitting an insane amount of socks....

There are few things that I'm really enjoying about this bet. First - it's trying out a bunch of patterns that I have wanted to try, and doing different types of socks knitting than my norm (I usually do top down on 4 dpns), but another perk? I've already gotten a few Christmas presents done! I'm not going to mention which ones are presents and which ones aren't, because I know many of the giftees read this blog!


I present pair 10:

These are the Cable Footies from One Skein. The yarn is Fiesta Boomerang in the Safari colorway.... and DAMN this is a nice yarn. It say 100% extrafine superwash merino - and extra fine is a perfect word for it. These are a nice, quick and easy knit - and a great gift. Obviously this aren't socks for wearing around town - but a sock buddy of mine made me a pair of these, and I really liked them. So, I feel the need to share the joy.


Next up - a pair of Red Dwarf Socks:

This is what I'm talking about when I say it's fun to be using techniques I usually don't use - as this is a toe up sock on two circulars. The lace patterning on the instep is the fish scale lace pattern, and on the back of the heel, fishtail lace. It's really a fun sock to knit. I'm using some long time stashed Lorna's Laces... and the only change I've made is that the bind off called for in the pattern is not stretchy at all - so I used EZ's sewn bind off.
OK - back to the sock knitting...

1 comments:

said...

How many skeins of Lorna's Lace? This looks like a totally cool pattern.