Monday, August 06, 2007

Dish Rag Tag

This pause in sock knitting brought to you by the Dish Rag Tag. Perhaps you've heard of it? There are teams of ten people... each person gets a box with a completed dishrag, 2 skeins of dishcloth cotton, and a little 'treat'. You knit another dishrag from one of the balls of cotton you received and then put it, along with a treat and 2 more balls of cotton back in the box and mail it onto your next teammate.

I got my box last night at 6:00 PM, and I was sealing it up to be sent out this morning at 9:15 PM. Damn, my needles are STILL smoking!

Here is the dishrag I got:

It's hard to see, but there is a sun in the middle! Very cute! I got busy, and whipped up a ball band dish rag from Mason Dixon Knitting:
Totally cute. I hope Catie likes it. And I also got some great 'dreamcatchers'


Phew! That was fun! And you know how I love my competitive knitting.....


GO TEAM GO!

3 comments:

said...

looking good..forgot to include this in the box. i was in such a hurry to get it all ready for the morning since i am NOT a morning person. :D

Dream Catcher Lore:

Native Americans believe that the night air is filled with dreams both good and bad. The dream catcher when hung over or near your bed swinging freely in the air, catches the dreams as they flow by. The good dreams know how to pass through the dream catcher, slipping through the outer holes and slide down the soft feathers so gently that many times the sleeper does not know that he/she is dreaming. The bad dreams not knowing the way get tangled in the dream catcher and perish with the first light of the new day.

said...

How nice are both those discloths. I love dreamcatchers, those are so cute. I had dreamcathers painted on my bike, they were so cool. You just have to believe in your dreams, right!

said...

I love it!! Can't wait to get the box!!!

Catie