Monday, August 27, 2007

Christmas Knitting done!

Ha. I'm sure between now and then, I knit something else for someone for Christmas, but here are my final pair of socks for presents, the Denmark socks. I thought maybe you were sick of the old 'finished socks' pictures - so I got my niece to model them for me:
Ok. I guess a 6 year old can't really model adult sized socks. Here is a better picture:
Details:
Pattern: Denmark Socks, Nancy Bush's Knitting on the Road
Yarn: STR Medium Weight, Rare Jem
Needles: Size 1
Thoughts: these were originally for me, but as the colors came out I realized they would be perfect for a Christmas gift for ones of my quilting buddies. And as I knit more, I also realized that they wouldn't fit me! But, I love the pattern a LOT, so I plan on making myself a pair using size 2 needles. I was getting gauge with the size 1 needles, but the fabric that it created was pretty firm. I think it'll be just great for socks - but going up a needle size will make a socks that should fit me, and the fabric will still be firm enough for socks. Oh, and I freaking love Nancy Bush's sock pattern. They rock hard.

This is finished pair 13. I'm on the foot of the second sock of the Trekking Chevron sock! 3 weeks to go! I really really really can't wait to start knitting something other than socks. Oh.... the list is long!

0 comments: