Thursday, July 26, 2007

Lucky Gal

Aaron and I moved our neighborhood about 2.5 years ago. When we were shopping for houses it was that crazy house frenzy - you would look at a house one day, and it would be sold the next. Aaron and I had gone back and fourth on 'must haves' - I wanted a fireplace and a master bath, Aaron wanted 4 bedrooms, a 2 car garage, and an acre of land. I would giggle when he said that, because houses like that?! In Massachusetts? In our price range? Good luck.

Turned out - we were pretty lucky. We found our house (4 bedrooms, 2 car garage on an acre of land), put an offer on it the day it went on the market, and were moving in within a month! The longer we live here, the more I realize just how great our house is. I love the location, and as we do more and more work on the house, I love the house.

But this past week, I have found yet another reason to thank my lucky stars - we have a bunch of knitters on my street! MY AGE! We have chit-chatted on occasion while walking around the street, but one day, a neighbor mentioned we should all get together and knit. I was a little nervous at first, but we had so much fun last week, that we got together again this week.... and now are planning on making it a weekly thing!

Sock knitting continues... but I went to yoga early this morning so no time for pictures.

3 comments:

said...

Hi Cece!! Just got the yarn package -- thanks! Very cute teacup, pretty green yarn, and I'm a big fan of Calm -- and a very thoughtful card... thanks again!! :)

said...

Right on your street? That's great. I have a knitting group, actually three (Woolyheaded Ruth is in two of them), but most of us don't live that close together.

That sweater is the original Unbearable Cuteness of Sweater.

said...

How nice to have knitters so close! I have a knitting friend who lives 5 minutes away by car and that's been good when we have impulsive thoughts to go to yarn stores!