Monday, July 23, 2007

It's over...

Well, my nice long vacation is over. And so are a few other things....

I finished the new Harry Potter book (and some socks while reading)



That get me to pair 7 almost 8. Both pair are STR mediumweight. The bright ones are for me, and the blue/yellow ones for my mother. Knit on size 1 needles, with a plain garter stitch heel and toe.

Big news in our house - I sold my little New Beetle and got a new car!

I love this car. It's a Nissan Murano. Love love love. It's got a lot of yarn storage space compared to the Beetle...

I also worked a bunch on the MS3 - and this clue - I can finally get into a rhythm and not be staring at the chart the whole time! I'm leaning towards making mine a little longer - but isn't it beautiful?

Well, gotta go to work....

6 comments:

said...

If I could figure out how to knit while reading my life would be golden. How do you do it?
Great new car! I've always loved the look of the Muranos.

said...

Cute new car! I love the color!

said...

You knit and read at the same time?! You truly are the knitting goddess! How did you like the book?

Congratulations on the Murano. Your smile says it all.

PS-Your garden looks great!

said...

Beautiful car! Congrats on the new member of the family. I'm with Carrie: there's absolutely no way I can knit and read at the same time -- sometimes I can't even knit and talk at the same time.

said...

Not to be redundant but I can't believe you know how to knit and read. I might be able to do that for stockinette, but not patterned socks. The car looks great on you! Perfect match. You read my mind, I might take you up on your offer for the book - if I'm not out of town camping.

said...

Lordy, you are amazing! Reading and knitting at the same time... sounds like heaven to me.

And how do you knit so fast????

I'm going to go stew in my envy for a little while.

*grin*