Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Sock Goal? What sock goal?!?!

Ok. Clearly Aaron wins the bet. Some sort of time warp knitting would need to ensue for me to finished 17 pairs of socks by Sept 15th. But I have an excuse! I've been distracted by fun summer knitting projects! I blame it all on my two new books (Itty Bitty Hats and Knitting Lingerie Style). I finished the back of the Shaped Lace Tee last night:

It needs some serious blocking. I'm hoping to finish all the pieces by the weekend and get it blocked. We'll see. I've also been eyeing another hat from Itty Bitty Baby hats, so we'll have to see how long I can resist that.

Speaking of books I can't resist, I was at a loss for what to read after I finished The Thirteenth Tale (first recommended by Carole, and now by me! Read it!). I picked up a few books I have lying around, and then decided to try a 'knitting novel'. Started and finished it the same day!
It's certainly NOT heavy reading, and some of it was predicable.... but it was really a fun read. I even cried a bit when something really good happened to one of the characters. I'm moving onto the second book (A Good Yarn) today!

4 comments:

said...

That top is going to be super cute.

That Macomber book is definitely not a heavy read and I'm not surprised you finished it in a day. I read both the books, the second first for some reason (and you'll find it a tad repetitive of the first). As a light read, they aren't bad, definitely predictable and sadly repetitive.

said...

That tee will be gorgeous.

I (almost) never cry when bad things happen to characters in books. But good things? Total water works. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one.

said...

I love socks beyond most things, but I think that tee is worth the delay - it's looking great!

Also - irrelevant to knitting - I just finished The Welsh Girl by Peter Ho Davies, and it was amazing. Just saying. :)

said...

Here are your interview questions:

1. How and when did you originally leanr to knit?

2. How many miles of sock yarn do you have?

3. Do you really knit that fast or do you have staff we don't know about?

4. Tell us the truth..Aaron has no idea how much stash you have?

5. I heard you had some really cool hand-dyed yarn in your freezer..what did you do with it?