Saturday, June 23, 2007

Shapely Tee

Well - finally got my Shapely Tee finished up!
Details:
Pattern: Shapely Tee from Knitting Lingerie Style
Yarn: Goshen from Webs (green apple colorway), cotton and silk blend
Needles: Size 3 and 5


Thoughts... I like the pattern well enough. Although they have you go down 2 needles sizes for waist shaping, and I really can't see that it made much of a difference. I'm not sure about the fit. Not sure cap sleeves are really the best look for me. Also, I didn't get gauge exactly, and thought I could block it out, but it's still smaller than it's supposed to be. I think the cotton/silk mix didn't take well to the recommend 'steam' blocking. I also feel that it's a bit 'obscene' with where some of the holes ended up - but I fixed that with a little tank top! And thank god for Amanda and her help to remind me how to crochet!

Well I wear it? Time will tell... but I'm glad I went a little outside my 'box' in terms of summer knitting. I never make short sleeve sweaters - usually the summer is sock knitting time. But, since I had lost some weight, I kind of rewarded myself with this silk yarn.

The weather is beautiful today... off to spend more time outside.

8 comments:

said...

From the photos I would say your sleeve cap is too long. That's why you are getting some rippling there. Overall I think it looks great! I need to try summer knitting tops. I just seem to do baby stuff all summer.

said...

I like it! I tend to stay away from cap sleeves too - although there's only a bit of rippling that I can see (those aren't majorly capped - they're not poofy). The color is great - and I really like the neckline and lace detail all over :)

said...

it turned out very pretty! get yourself a camisole, and you'll be all set. and with that fabulous bosom you've got, no one is going to be noticing the cap sleeves. promise.

said...

Oh I love the colour and the pattern, and if you've got it, flaunt it!! You inspired me to order this book from the Library!!! I steer clear of cap/little sleeves and go for none or elbow length!!! I think the tank top is a great idea and it looks fabulous, what a great reward!!!

said...

I think it looks beautiful - it's such a pretty pattern and a stunny colour on you - roll on summer!

said...

It looks great on you! I don't know why you wouldn't wear it.

said...

It looks terrific! That color is beautiful on you, too. :-)

said...

Looks like you lost a nice amount of weight, girl! Good for you! I think the top looks absolutely adorable on you.