Wednesday, June 13, 2007

My Precious...

When the Yarn Harlot first posted about the cute sweater kits from Lettuce Knit, I thought - $40 is a bit much for a baby sweater kit. But - I couldn't get the cuteness out of my head. And then she posted AGAIN including the fact that they now had a kit with more 'boy' colors.

I thought to myself - I should get a boy and a girl kit. I'm going through fertility treatments... my changes of getting pregnant with multiples is higher.
The kit was in the mail on Monday, and I just finished blocking it. I totally understand Steph's comment - "I am torn between a tear to the shop to get more (before anyone else does) and pulling myself out of this rut before I am buried in wee sweaters, i-cord and scraps of rainbows while I clutch and mutter "we loves it, we knits it, we keeps it all!"

Not only is the yarn beautiful (although I'm wondering how great this would look in STR Heavyweight) but the pattern is fun. Thanks to my handy dandy scale, I know that I can make this sweater out of one skein of sock weight yarn.... but I'm going to wait until my 'girl' version arrives (not surprisingly, Lettuce Knit has been overwhelmed with requests for this kit) to decide which pattern to make in the cool variegated sock yarn that is calling to me from the stash.

I loves it.

8 comments:

said...

Told ya.

said...

I totally want the sweater, but wish i could just find the pattern. I mean...i have all this stash yarn.

said...

Those sweaters are seriously cute. Good luck to you with your fertility treatments. It can be a long road but it's so worth it in the end. I know.

said...

Can't I knit the girl one for you, since I have no babies in or near home at the moment??? Pretty please??

it's adorable.

said...

Well, of course you does. So cute! So adorable! So... dare I say it... you know.

said...

I'm making one as well!

said...

Just jumped over here from Steph's blog, and I hope you forgot what year you were born, or what year that conversation occurred, because:
2006
-1975
_____
31
I got out the calculator to double check that, but six-takeaway-five is still one!
And when you turn sixty you won't BELIEVE how young 30-something is.
When I start thinking I'm old, I just go hang with some of my 90-year-old friends. Age really is just a number.
Enjoy!

said...

Hey Cece,
I loves it too!! I can't wait to see the girl one. Even though I think I would put this one on any baby.
Emily