Thursday, May 10, 2007

A sock break...

I'm sure you are all sick of the constant sock knitting! I present you with cute baby knitting:
If you haven't subscribed to the Interweave Knitting Daily mailing, you should. This is the Vine Lace Baby Hat pattern they sent out on May 3rd. My Yarn Focus Challenge pal sent me some purple Bamboo yarn from the South West Trading Company, and I thought this was a neat way to try out bamboo for the first time.

My first impression of the bamboo was that it was a little rough - but once you work with it a little, it softens up nicely. And this pattern was a good, quick knit - I had this hat done in a couple of hours! I used size 2 DPNs and the finished size is about 12 inches around - the newborn size. I easily have enough yarn leftover to make 2 or 3 more hats!

Ok - back to sock knitting....

1 comments:

said...

I never get sick of socks!! But thank you for reminding me about IK daily subscription - I had subscribed, but didn't get the notice, so I went back and REsubscribed!
You little lace hat is adorable!