Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Short on Words, but I have pictures!

You guys are so great! Thanks for all the nice comments on Marmalade. After wearing it for 3 days straight, I have decided that the color DOES look good on me. But - strangely enough - no one commented on it (except you guys and Aaron, of course). When I finally said something at work - they said YOU MADE THAT!?!? Ha. Why yes, yes I did.


I've been doing other things besides wearing my new sweater....


I put the lining in my Entralac Bag:


I bought that fabric over 2 years ago - when it first came out (it's a Kaffe Fassett). I could never decide what to use it on, as I like it so much. I think this is perfect.

Next, my mom caught me at a weak moment. I had just finished my Marmalade, and was having problems getting gauge on a baby sweater I was knitting. She asked if I could make her a navy blue shawl for Easter. I said yes, figuring I could make another Shetland Triangle - but then changed my mind - I'm making her a Swallowtail shawl:

I didn't have the yarn in stash (although I do admit to trying to sell her on a grey shawl - to which she answered YUCK). But this falls clearly in the Bustalong rules. I hope to have it done this weekend so I can get it blocked and sent to her.

And finally, Dulaan item #5:

This the the Asymmetrical Cable hat from One Skein. I love the cables, hate the construction. It call for you to knit a tube, sew up the top, and then sew to corners together to make the peak on top. I think that is weird. But hey, it's for charity, right!?

0 comments: