Friday, March 30, 2007

A FO!!!

This one doesn't count for the Bustalong, as I had to go out and buy yarn for my mother's very specific NAVY BLUE yarn requirements. And, I know I said I wouldn't be knitting any more 'on demand' projects... but I guess my mom trumps that rule. Here is the finished and blocked Swallowtail Shawl: Full size (I did 20 repeats of the budding lace pattern instead of 15)


And yes, I even did the nupps!
One final, arsty shot:
Pattern: Swallowtail Shawl from IK Fall 2006

Yarn: Gold from Mondial (20 % cashmere, 80% new wool)

Needles: Size 3

Thoughts: I wanted this to me a more 'substantial' shawl - so I went with Amanda's recommendation and picked a somewhat thicker yarn than called for (I would classify this as sport weight - not lace weight). The pattern was easy to memorize - and the nupps - although a pain with this thicker yarn - weren't as bad as I thought (considering all of blogland was complaining about them!).

It's off in the mail to Mom right now!!!

6 comments:

said...

I can't believe how quickly you finished the shawl - she's going to love it!

said...

Just beautiful .... I'm going to make my next one on sportweight yarn, because my laceweight one wasn't a shawl as much as a scarf.

said...

Oh the shawl is stunning! Your mother is going to love it.
Karen
http://nothingbutknit.blog-city.com/

said...

It's gorgeous. I need to pick mine back up and finish it.

said...

Gorgeous! I must do that one. But first to finish all the other shawls on the needles. I like a sport weight shawl myself, more coverage. But then lace weights are so pretty. Ya done good!

said...

yay, it looks fantastic! looks better than in the weird flesh color i did mine in... darn internet yarn purchase... by the way, anyone want a behoemoth amount of fleshy yarn?