Thursday, February 01, 2007

Yarn Focus Swap questions

I joined the Yarn Focus challenge... and part of the fun includes a swap! Here are my answers to the questions:

1. What type of yarn do you knit with most often? Sock weight and worsted weight
2. Is there any type of yarn that you would love to try but haven't yet, such as bamboo, banana fiber (seriously they make it - although I've yet to see it in person). There are 2 new sock yarns from Regia that I would love to try - the silk one and the bamboo one.
3. In your opinion what is a luxury yarn? Something not 'every day' - like camel, or cashmere, or silk. Or a beautiful handpainted yarn.
4. Is there any type of yarn or fiber content you dislike or would prefer not to receive? I have a HUGE amount of sock yarn. But, if you do choose to send me some, it's got to be super wash. 'Normal' sock yarn will felt on my feet as a wear it. I'm game for anything else - although I'm not a fan of 100% acrylic.
5. What type of garments do you most often knit? Socks and Sweaters
6. What types of knitting books do you enjoy? Timeless books. Not a fan of the Trendy 'Knitting is COOL!' crap.
7. What is a color you like but rarely or never buy yourself? Purple. I love it - but always end up buying blue.
8. If you were pregnant and had to name your baby a fiber, what would her/his name be? Not a fiber, but a brand of yarn - I like the name Rowan (actually one of my college friends named her daughter Rowan)
9. Do you spin? Nope
10. What is one fiber you've never spun? n/a
11. If someone in your family or a best friend had to describe you in one word, what would it be? Crazy!
12. Please tell us one odd thing about you. I have my pilot's license.
13. What was your favorite cartoon when you were little. Scooby Doo
14. Do you have animals? If so, please name them and tell us a little about them. 2 dogs - they are boxers. Abby is 6 and Henry is almost 2. Fun dogs!
15. And last but not least, if you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be? Where I live now - but with no mortgage!!

3 comments:

said...

My two cents about the Regia bamboo yarn: saggy baggy. The socks were NOT too big; they just drooped. I don't have that problem with any of my other socks, so I'm gonna go ahead and blame the yarn! :)

said...

Nice to get to know you better. Oh I love the name Rowan! I hadn't even thought about that for a child.

said...

And off I go to get you some goodies as your YFC secret pal. >=)

I hope you didn't think I forgot about you? LOL!!!