Wednesday, January 31, 2007

The Crisis

Here are all the finished pieces of my Aunt's sweater. The one I was trying to finish for Christmas. The one I've been working on since October. It was at the yarn store, waiting for 'professional' finishing (mostly because I couldn't deal to look at it anymore). She called me today, and informed me the the armholes weren't long enough. There is a 12 inch hole for an 18 inch sleeve.

I followed the directions exactly.

I cried a little.



Then, after work, I went to the yarn store to try and pretend like it wasn't happening. But it's true. The sweater is about two inches short all around the armhole.

I've joined Kat's UFO Challenge, and since I've been working on this since October, and the thought of knitting 2 more inches on the back and both fronts made me cry.... I'd say this counts toward the challenge.

Don't even get me started on the willpower it took me to leave that store with NO YARN. They had some wonderful silk handpainted lace weight. In my crisis mode - I almost just bought it for myself to make me feel better. But I held off! I'm pretty proud of myself...it's got 1100 yards and is so sort and wonderful... and is the perfect shade of blue....

Good news is that I'm very close to finishing Mom's final sleeve. I think I'm going to make it!

6 comments:

said...

Sorry about the sleeve. Buying yarn does make one feel better ^_^. Just want to let you know you've been tagged ^_^

said...

daaaaammmmmmmnnnnnnnnnn....

said...

aaaaaaaaa! Say it ain't so!!!!

I'm sorry about the sleeve. That really bites.

said...

Dont you just want to scream with that I had the same thing with a baby jacket measured the back and the front was a whole inch longer when worked to the last letter of the pattern. Hope the extra doesnt take too long to work.

said...

That sucks. Just think, five years from now it will be a distant memory... or a thorn in your side if it's still a UFO - but let's not go there :)

said...

I'd have cried a LOT!