Friday, February 02, 2007

VICTORY!!!

Here it is! Mom's finished sweater!




Details:
Pattern: Celtic Braid Sweater, Northampton Wool Knitting Book
Yarn: Berroco Alpaca, 5 skeins
Needles: size 3 and 5 turbo Addi's

Started Jan 13th - Finished Feb 2nd.

This sweater was actually a fun knit. I love the cable - easy to remember and looks much more complicated than it really is. I'm not a fan of the fact that there aren't any cables on the back of the sweater. If I had read the pattern before buying the yarn, I would have gotten extra yarn and cabled the back also. Also, I substituted the Berroco instead of the yarn the pattern called for, Frog Tree Worsted weight Alpaca. I actually had more yarn than the pattern called for, and was forced to make the collar only an inch and a half versus the two inches called for in the pattern. So, I would recommend buying a bit more yarn if you make this sweater. I don't think the collar looks bad, but it was stressful nonetheless.

Tomorrow, we are going to pick Mom up (and give her the sweater of course) and take her away for her special birthday weekend! A night at the W in NYC, and tickets to see Wicked! I'll be sure to get modeled pictures of the sweater too.

4 comments:

said...

Looks nice. Now, you have ALL WEEKEND to finish up that birthday sweater I'm sure you started for ME!

said...

Oh it's a beautiful sweater!

said...

Mom always love what daughter knitted to her. The cable sweater is gorgeous. I am now using Alpace to knit a cable sweater too.

said...

yeah!