Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Today's excitement

I've been merrily knitting along on my STR SOTM socks (Winter's Eve). I love these socks. As with my other kits, as I got to the end.... I started getting worried that knitting for my size 10 1/2 feet that I was going to run out of yarn. Usually I make it.

This time, not so much:



I've got 4 rows to go until I start decreasing for the toe. Today's excitement (I'm on vacation all week, and we have no plans - yippee) is to see if that little emergency skein that we get with each shipment (as a keychain) is going to help me make it to the end of the sock.

I'll update as soon as I know.

Update - I didn't make it. So this will be a double emergancy sock.... Sooz is going to let me have a little bit of her Dec SOTM yarn... since she only has size 8 feet. Phew. Thank god for knitting buds.

8 comments:

said...

Cece, those are beautiful! I may get to go to the camp too! (crossing my fingers here), my dh was trying to sign me up. I'll keep you posted!

said...

Oh wow! So glad you got rescued! They look lovely! Look forward to seeing them finished! :) (from the KAL!)

said...

I also signed up for Camp the minute I got my package!

said...

Sox look great! I don't have a place to get the beads, so I may do mine without. Love the yarn, though...and with 7-7 1/2 feet, I should make it OK with the yarn. Wish I could come to camp, but it's just too far, especially since I'm hoping to get into Meg's Knitting Camp again this year in Wisconsin.

said...

the socks look good!! hope you make it! (if you don't have enough yarn, i'd be happy to send you my emergency sock yarn). i never use all the yarn and would be happy to share...the thought of an unfinished sock gives me the chills!!

said...

I love those socks! Great pattern, great color!

said...

LMK if you need more yarn, too! I'm a size 6, so I'm sure I'd have enough to hand over to you.

I'm planning on going to camp but haven't signed up yet.

Leslie

said...

i am from the KAL and came to see the socks! oooo they turned out GREAT!!!! wish i could go to cam
:( you guys have a blast ;)