Saturday, December 02, 2006

Dulaan Sweater!

Yesterday, yet again, super close to a deadline, I finished my first item for Dulaan - and my knitting for the Knit Onto Others KAL.

It's kind of hard to take a picture of a brown sweater in the fall....



But I really like the way this turned out!



Details:
Pattern - Yankee Knitter, Guilford Gansey, 8 year old size
Yarn - Elann Highland Wool, 6 balls
Needles - US size 3 and 5s

This was a simple pattern - I like it for a 'classic' sweater - although I would never have knit for anyone I know in this light brown color! I bought the yarn specifically for a sweater for Aaron, but he doesn't really wear sweaters, so I decided to put it to a good use. I didn't follow the pattern exactly as written, as it calls for you to pick up and knit the sleeves. I knit them separately and seamed them on later (just because I wanted to keep this as an 'on the go' project). And, in the future, I don't think I'm going to pick patterns that call for size 5 needles for a charity sweater! Geez!

I have placed this sweater in a safe place, as I still have 4 more things that I promised to knit for Dulaan. I think the next will be another Yankee Knitter patterns, but this one will be the "Easy Bulky Sweater" pattern. I learn from my mistakes.

; )

3 comments:

said...

What a great sweater! Awesome that you made it for Dulaan. It's sure to keep someone nice and warm.

said...

Looks nice. I like the 'oatmeal' color, too. You note that you wouldn't knit a pattern that CALLS for size 5's... being a loosey goosey knitter myself, are you sure that the pattern CALLED for size 5's??? :) I recently knit a sweater on 4's... the pattern called for 8's....yikes!

said...

It is lovely, it is going to keep some lucky person so warm.