Thursday, November 30, 2006

Meathead!

I don't think I even mentioned this, but I signed up for Larissa's Meathead 2006 Knitalong.




I participated in the first KAL way back in the beginning of my blogging days, so I of course needed to sign up for this one. I ended up cutting it pretty close in 2 ways! First, she needed us to finish our hats by the end of November, and only use one skein of Lamb's Pride Bulky. Well, I just finished the hat yesterday, and I had about twelve inches of yarn left. Phew on both counts!


I really like how this turned out! Perfect size for my head, and a very quick knit - I'm thinking it took maybe an hour? And one skein of Lamb's Pride Bulky? She asked us to embellish the hats, so I added a fabric quilted flower pin given to me by my friend Karen:


I have a bunch more Lamb's Pride Bulky in the stash - I'm going to whip up a few more of these for Dulaan!

3 comments:

said...

The shawl is beautiful, just perfect for those holiday parties. The embellishment on the hat is great!

said...

What a great hat! I love your hat model; where did you get it?

said...

Ooh, and the hat is just the right shape for your pointy head! :)
Hee hee