Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Updates...

So, let's see. First off, I feel like I am a jerk for not showing off some nice gifts I got from my friends! But I just lost the photo (grr to blogger) so that will need wait for ANOTHER day. Sorry girls! But thanks!

And I've been plugging along with Maria...



This is just a BRUTAL sweater. It's reverse stockinette for 25 inches before you decrease for the armholes! Oh, and one cable on the side for a small bit of interest. I've been bringing this with my everywhere, as it's for my Aunt, and I'm hoping to get it done by Christmas.... but now this piece is too big to carry. I'm at about 18 inches. Thankfully, the yarn is a wonderful silk/cashmere/merino blend... so that makes it tolerable.

Yesterday, I also got my package from the STR SOTM club... another nice one! And I signed up for next year. It's pretty pricey ($210 for the year), but to me, worth it. If I remember right, you get 6 skiens of yarn (which is the best sock yarn ever) and then pattern also - so each shipment is around $35. It's worth it to me - I can't get STR around here!

1 comments:

said...

You're so NOT a jerk. And I haven't even sent you my gift yet, but I will...