Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Holiday Sparkle

Last night, I finished my Gossamer Shawl with Ruffle - so now I'm ready for holiday parties!




I barely got any sleep last night, so I cropped my face out of the pictures (trust me, it's a good thing!)



I tried to get Aaron to get a good picture of the yarn and the ruffle, but it's almost impossible to photograph:
Pattern Details:

Gossamer Shawl with Ruffle, Karabella Yarns

Yarn: Karabella Gossamer, 2 balls

Needles: Size 10.5

Started Nov 17th - Finished Nov 29th

This was a very easy knit, but the pattern makes it seem like it should be a fast knit also! Not so. The yarn is somewhat annoying to knit with (aren't all novelty yarns?) and the ruffle! OMG did that take forever. And, I ran out of yarn after completing the last row. Thank god I recalled that the Yarn Harlot had posted a fix to the problem: crochet bind off. And that took me over 3 hours last night while watching TV and gossiping with my bud Amanda.

Final result - love it! This is going to be the perfect thing to wear to a holiday party - it's festive, and lightweight enough that I can show off my knitting, even in a crowded and hot room. Nice.

1 comments:

said...

It's lovely (though it will be a long time before I knit another shawl I think)