Friday, November 10, 2006

Details of Fiesta Mittens!

Well, since I'm taking the day off, I had some time for a mitten photo shoot!



This is one of those pattern that made me wonder how people come up with things that are so beautiful! The stitch pattern is simple - but combined with the pretty koigu, makes SUCH a great design!



The inside is plain, but still, shows off the yarn wonderfully.

Details:

Pattern: Fiesta Mittens by Lucy Neatby
Yarn: Koigu; one and a little more of mostly solid black color, and a little over half of the color skein (P121). The pattern call for one of each color - but if you are making the large size, I would get two of the MC to be safe. I'm planning on making a matching hat at some point.
Needles: Size 0 and Size 1 Pony Pearls DPN
These took me about a week, because I was obsessed with how much fun they were to knit. I made a silly mistake on the right mitten, that I didn't even know I made, until I started the second. You can't even tell. The adult size is PERFECT for my big hands.. so I would recommend knitting this size for men or 'large handed' (is that even a word?) woman. The Medium would be good for 'normal handed' woman.

: )

I'm off for my quilting weekend! Don't miss me too much!!!

2 comments:

said...

Your mittens are absolutely stunning. I was looking for something special to make for my sister when I came across your blog. Thanks for the inspiration. Can't wait to see the hat.

said...

Oh my goodness! I bought that pattern and yarn this summer! Your's are just beautiful! I am very inspired to knit my mittens now!