Thursday, October 26, 2006

Process

Yesterday, I went to work, in the office. Although I still feeling blue, I feel like life is getting back to normal. My bloodwork has been coming back 'good' - so that makes me happy, and I'm scheduled to restart acupuncture sessions beginning next week. I've started eating 'real' food (not just chocolate and Raman noodles), I peeled myself off my recliner last night and went to my banjo lesson. I even visited my good friends 6 day old baby last night (which made me happy - not sad, as I was a little nervous it would). Last night was also the first night I didn't need tylenol PM to fall asleep. But then, I do these things that are totally weird - like yesterday I took a wrong turn on my way to the office... and I was totally lost for a bit! I've been driving that same route for 6 years!

And this morning, I get to the office, and am making my morning tea... when I look down and notice that I'm wearing two different colored shoes. For most people, this isn't a big deal, but when it's Cece - the color difference is pretty noticeable (even with a crappy cell phone picture):



Yep one shoe is purple, the other brown. And I'm not wearing handknit socks, those are my cool Boxer dog socks. My recovery hasn't branched out to doing laundry yet...

Knitting continues on Titania's Revenge. I really love these socks. It's making me want to make some of Cookie's other designs! And MAN is that STR sock yarn awesome. I wish all my socks were out of this stuff! But I also want to finish the blue cabled socks. Anyway, I'm on the heel of the second sock, I'll have to see what sort of progress I can get done in the next few days - I'd like a finished pair of socks for Socktoberfest!

5 comments:

said...

Hey maybe you'll start a new fashion trend. I'd be game, I can never find matching shoes and don't even get me started on my socks.

said...

That's funny - heck, at least they're the same brand/style of shoe, so call it the equivalent of a "design feature" in your clothing choices for the day.

Glad to hear you're feeling a little better - although somehow the wrong turns and density of comfort food doesn't surprise me. Keep taking care of yourself...and wave in our general direction if you need anything.

said...

It will take a while for your hormones to stabilize -- it's really common to get a snippet of post-partum along with all the other mess of having your hopes dashed. Hang in there. You've proven you're fertile and it will simply take a few more tries! --Syl

said...

My husband did exactly the same thing recently when he was under extreme pressure at work - it must be a coping mechanism - your mind takes care of the big stuff and forgets the small stuff when stressed or something. Nevermind, tomorrow is another day...

said...

I call that being 'scattered', and it does get better ... with time. hand in there!