Friday, October 20, 2006

Hope Hurts

I wasn't going to blog about this... but I just need to get it out.

Yesterday was a pretty horrible day. I was so excited to tell you all that I got a positive pregnancy test on Oct 7th.

Yesterday, I went in for my first 6 week ultrasound, and they found that the pregnancy was etoptic. I went in for the appointment at 9 AM, and the tech couldn't see anything in my uterus. But, their u/s machine isn't the best one, so they sent me to Boston for a second opinion. They confirmed our fears, the embryo is basically snuggled up against my right ovary - not only the wrong place, but a very dangerous place. If it gets too large, it can burst and ruin both the tube and the overy.

So, my husband drove me back to my doctor, and needed to wait for my bloodwork to come back so that they could figure out what to do (surgery or a shot that helps to get rid of the pregnancy). That took another hour. They finally decided that I could have the shot, and as the nurse was giving it, I fainted. Guess not having eaten since 7 AM (it was now 5 PM) and all of the stress of the day finally got to me.

Nice way to end a pretty horrible day, huh?

Augh. Today, I'm vacillating between being glad we found it early enough that I didn't blow a tube or actually lose an ovary... but wishing that it was only 3 days ago - when I was in bliss - thinking I was pregnant and due in June.

Anyway - I'm sure I'll be ok - and when I can try again , in 3 months, I will. But for now, I'm just sad. It's the best way to describe it. But glad I have a great group of gals as friends!

As a matter of fact, my great friend Amanda sent me this picture yesterday, along with the comment 'This bird is ANGRY that today sucked so badly! RRRRRRR! '



That made me laugh... which I think is a good thing. I'll get there - but for now - my heart hurts.

22 comments:

said...

I am so very sorry. My thoughts are with you ::hugs::

said...

{hugs}

said...

Sorry to here of your loss. Thought and prayers to you and your family.

said...

Oh Cece, I'm so terribly sorry. My thoughts are definitely with you. Having fought my own battle with fertility, I can completely commiserate with what you are going through. I came so close to delaying the HPT the last attempt so I could live with the possibility of being pregnant finally for one more day. My heart goes out to you and your husband.

said...

Oh CeCe I'm so very, very sorry. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

said...

I was just reading your post and I wanted to send a hug online. What a hi to lo week. My thoughts and prayers are with you...

said...

Just call if you want/need anything or just want to rant. I am so sorry you had to experience this and hugs to you and Aaron.

said...

I'm so sorry to har such sad news, Cece.

said...

Oh Cece, I am SO sorry. You're in my thoughts and I'm sending lots of love your way.

said...

Cece & Aaron, I am so sorry to hear that your wonderful news turned out the way it did. I have tears in my eyes reading and typing about it. Please take care, keep happy and we will certainly be all sending good luck thoughts for the future to you.

said...

Sad news, but I am glad you have positive thoughts for the future. Thinking happy thoughts for you.

said...

:) From far away Cece.

said...

I'm so very, very sorry. You and your's are in my thoughts and I hope the heartache gets easier to bear in the coming days.

said...

Hugz to you both.I cannot even imagine how you feel. Hopefully your positive outlook will help for the next time round

said...

HUGS..and lots of good thoughts.

said...

I am so sorry, Cece. My heart hurts for you. You are in my thoughts and I will be hoping your next try brings a happy result.

said...

Hugs, hugs and more hugs. May something even better come out of such a crappy time (i.e. triplets :) Hugs to aaron too.

said...

So sorry to hear this news Cece. ...thinking of you.

said...

:( So sorry to read your news, sending you hugs and vibes from me xx

said...

I am so sorry.

said...

sorry to hear aboutthe news. glad you're staying positive *hugs*.

said...

I'm so sorry to hear this, Cece. Thinking of you ......