Thursday, October 19, 2006

OK, for real this time....

Finally - the Shetland Shawl!!! First, a picture of it blocking:



I must admit, and was afraid that the rayon yarn wouldn't block well, but I think the combination of the time that I blocked it (over a week! While we were in Vegas) and Amanda's awesome blocking idea (using foam blocks) worked out great.



There is the front - I don't think I'll wear it like that often, I'll do more of a wrap sort of thing, but I was trying to show off my new shawl pin:



And finally, the back, strangely pointing at my butt, but still showing the picture so you can see the full size of the shawl picture:



This is a GREAT pattern for beginner lace knitters, or lazy knitters that want a fun shawl without too much stress.

9 comments:

said...

Ooo, it is beautiful, Cece! How did you ever get a shawl pin to match so beautifully?

said...

Very, very pretty! Well done!

said...

So beautiful! I love it.

said...

It is beautiful, the colours are really nice and don't they match well with your shawl pin.

said...

Gorgeous! Must be the week for showing shawls. I finally got my photos up. But no modeled shot yet. Great job, must go look at that pattern again.

said...

Is the closure from Moving Mud or someplace else? The shawl is gorgeous!

said...

Smashing. IT looks wonderful! Great job.

said...

spurring me on to finidh mine - hopefully it will look as nice...well done

said...

It's just beautiful and that shawl pin is perfect for it!!