Monday, October 23, 2006

Doctors Orders

So. At the end of the day on Thursday, the doctor handed me a sheet of the things I can and can't do. Basically, for the next 3 weeks, I can't have sex, drink alcohol, or exercise. Um. OK.

Basically, that leaves me knitting and shopping. I've got both covered. I joined Sundra's sock of the month club, and I've started two more projects.

The first is pretty simple, it's a sweater that my Aunt picked out for herself. The yarn is wonderful - Jo Sharp Silkroad DK Tweed - wool, silk and cashmere! And the pattern, Maria, from the Debbie Bliss alpaca silk book - is pretty easy. This is the project I had with me on Thursday, and it was a godsend. I could just knit while waiting for different appointments, and not have to look around at the babies or super pregnant people in the waiting rooms (eventually, the nurses caught on, and brought us to an exam room by ourselves, which was very nice).



But then, on Saturday, I woke up and had a bug to start Titania's Revenge, from the Socks that Rock sock of the month club:



It is a pretty hard pattern! Right now, I'm contemplating ripping back to the heel because I think I made a mistake....but for me right now, it's soothing. I can't really think of anything else while I knit.

Thanks for all the kinds words from everyone. I'm holding up pretty well. I think I'm going to go back to work tomorrow - albeit from home. Today I'm going to watch movies and knit. I'll show off my progress tomorrow.

7 comments:

said...

I'm so sorry for your loss, Cece.

said...

Knitting and shopping, yep I think that's just what the doctor ordered. Well that and lightly snuggling the puppies.

said...

Oh hon. That whole no drinking thing is just WRONG.

Take good care of yourself anyway. Knitting is good therapy. I have whole sweaters from those days...

Warm thoughts to you. You know I'm always here if you want to talk.

said...

Knitting and shopping? Sounds like my therapy when things are bad.

No sex, no booze, no exercise - that's going to make sleeping difficult. I have some tech manuals to help you sleep if you need them...

Just hang in there and call if you need food delivered, or trashy movies, or if you want to talk. I'll be at home tomorrow (and maybe the next day too) waiting for the gas man to fix my furnace. Yahoo! Heat before the end of the month maybe.

said...

You've been on my mind Cece - hang in there -

said...

cece, i am so sorry to hear of your loss...thank goodness for shopping and knitting!

said...

Gee I want a doctors note thats says all I can do is knit and shop.