Friday, August 04, 2006

Breast Cancer Walk, Day 1, 22 miles!

Well gang - I had to admit, today was a hell of a lot harder than I expected. My longest walk before this weekend was 18 miles, and that is about where I hit a wall today. But - I'm very proud of myself - I made it to the finish line! I think the biggest problem was that we stopped about every 2 or 3 miles for a pit stop - that was welcome at the time, but the standing around was tough on the feet! I have some wicked blisters on the balls of my feet - but I think I'll feel fine in the morning... for day 2 - and 20 miles of fun.

Here are a few pictures of the day, before I go to sleep.

At the start - Paula, me and Steph. Paula (on the left) is a breast cancer survivor, and the person who got me into this mess!



Here is the huge crowd of walkers as we were starting:



And these fun guys were cheering us on the whole way - what fun guys. Great sports:



And finally, cause you know who I love to see nature when I'm walking.... we had stopped to stretch at one point, and this turkey was totally wondering what was going on. He would peek his head over the fence, and then quickly hide when you looked at him... too funny. Not sure if you can see him in the picture.

8 comments:

said...

Congratulations and great job!

said...

(annoying Tony Little voice) You can do IT!!

said...

CeCe! CeCe! CeCe! Think beer drinking game where all the frat boys are chanting your name. You can do it!!
Will miss you at Stitches this year!

said...

YAAAAAY You!

Great job...keep us posted!

said...

great stuff keep it up a few blisters and a bit of fatigue all pays off when you see the result at the other end. Remember why you do it and you will get thru

said...

Way to go Cece!
Whoo Hoo!!!!!!

said...

You go Cece! We're proud of you! Keep it up!

said...

YAY to Cece. Great job.