Thursday, June 01, 2006

Trek Along With Me

When I saw Margene and Norma's idea for a knit along that tied in with walking AND sock knitting, I knew I had to join! As most of you know already, for the past 6 weeks, I've been training for the Breast Cancer 3 Day walk. (if you'd like to support me, go here!). My 'schedule' is to do a shorter (3 - 5 mile) walk on Tuesday mornings, a medium (5-6 mile) walk on Thursday mornings, and then on the weekends, 2 long walks (between 10 - 18 miles on both days). I'll have LOTS of opportunity for posts!

Today, I was walking through one of my favorite stretches of road, in Boxborough, MA and what do I see? Look at this turtle! This part of the town has a little pond called Eldridge Pond... and I usually see something (a saw a heron one day, swans the next) but certainly nothing that stays still long enough to be photographed!

He even stayed still long enough to let me get a picture with my sock:



Notice he is getting a little annoyed. I moved on to the picture I was originally planning on taking, a view of the pond with my sock:


Tomorrow - modeled shots of my finished Cripple Creek socks!

10 comments:

said...

Umm. You do know that that is a snapping turtle? I'm just saying....

said...

Cece, only you could piss off a turtle ;)

said...

Great sock colors and I love the turtle pics!

said...

The turtle seems very impressed by your sock. The bright colors must have brighten his day.

said...

It's so interesting to see all the different designs and colorways of the Trekking yarn. What color are you using?

said...

Awww.. I used to have a pet desert tortoise; he died a couple of years ago (didn't make it through hibernation one winter). Go you for walking and Trekking :-)

said...

You don't think the turtle felt upstaged, do you? Lovely work and pretty pictures. . .

I made my first cup of Prince Vladimir this morning: tasty! Sort of chai-type-spice-thing happening. Thanks again!

said...

That turtle is flippin' adorable. I would have tried to kiss it. But that's just me... oh, and your sock looks nice, too, but I do not want to kiss it. Go figure.

said...

i really like the picture of the sock on the fence post!

said...

Great picture of the snapping turtle! No wonder "he" was getting a little annoyed... "he" was laying her eggs!!! they'll hatch in about 90 days ... Mother Narure is wise ... the snapper always lays her eggs a distance from the water so that by the time the baby turtles get to the pond, their legs are strong enough to swim .. otherwise, they would drown...