Thursday, June 01, 2006

Trek Along With Me

When I saw Margene and Norma's idea for a knit along that tied in with walking AND sock knitting, I knew I had to join! As most of you know already, for the past 6 weeks, I've been training for the Breast Cancer 3 Day walk. (if you'd like to support me, go here!). My 'schedule' is to do a shorter (3 - 5 mile) walk on Tuesday mornings, a medium (5-6 mile) walk on Thursday mornings, and then on the weekends, 2 long walks (between 10 - 18 miles on both days). I'll have LOTS of opportunity for posts!

Today, I was walking through one of my favorite stretches of road, in Boxborough, MA and what do I see? Look at this turtle! This part of the town has a little pond called Eldridge Pond... and I usually see something (a saw a heron one day, swans the next) but certainly nothing that stays still long enough to be photographed!

He even stayed still long enough to let me get a picture with my sock:



Notice he is getting a little annoyed. I moved on to the picture I was originally planning on taking, a view of the pond with my sock:


Tomorrow - modeled shots of my finished Cripple Creek socks!

7 comments:

said...

Umm. You do know that that is a snapping turtle? I'm just saying....

said...

Great sock colors and I love the turtle pics!

said...

It's so interesting to see all the different designs and colorways of the Trekking yarn. What color are you using?

said...

Awww.. I used to have a pet desert tortoise; he died a couple of years ago (didn't make it through hibernation one winter). Go you for walking and Trekking :-)

said...

That turtle is flippin' adorable. I would have tried to kiss it. But that's just me... oh, and your sock looks nice, too, but I do not want to kiss it. Go figure.

said...

i really like the picture of the sock on the fence post!

said...

Great picture of the snapping turtle! No wonder "he" was getting a little annoyed... "he" was laying her eggs!!! they'll hatch in about 90 days ... Mother Narure is wise ... the snapper always lays her eggs a distance from the water so that by the time the baby turtles get to the pond, their legs are strong enough to swim .. otherwise, they would drown...