Sunday, June 04, 2006

Think I should leave this to the professionals....

Amysue and I got together today to get our dying done for the Dye-o-rama swap.

I'm not saying we weren't successful, or we didn't have a lot of laughs.... but I do think I'm going to leave the hand-dying to the people who really love it!

We used our Kool-Aid kits from Wool2Dye4(great, FAST service, by the way), and then set the colors with a little vinegar in the microwave. Couldn't have been easier.... but we managed to make a big mess! Here are my 4 skeins:



I actually think they turned out pretty well. Now, I just have to wait for them to dry, so I can decide which ones to send off to my pal.

5 comments:

said...

I know what you mean -- dyeing is fun but it's time consuming!

said...

I think they all look great, I especially like the one on the far left. Great job!!!

said...

Your dyeing is fantastic!!!!! Very excellent!! I am going to dye for the first time this week - I willl be wearing my oldest clothes, gloves and a garbage bag!!!

said...

It appears your "read the rules and take your time" technique really was the way to go. Enjoy the left overs in your freezer.

said...

that is the one thing that keeps me from attempting dyeing, the potential mess. I think my attempts at it are still a year or so down the road.

But your yarn turned out lovely.