Monday, June 05, 2006

Done with Cripple Creek!

OK, so the 'real' name of these socks are the Cedar Creek socks from the Blue Moon Sock Club.... but as I've explained before, when I was knitting these at banjo camp, I was practicing the tune Cripple Creek over and over and over and over again! So, in my mind, they are the Cripple Creek socks!


I went for a 15 (!) mile walk on Saturday. For those not living in MA, you may not know that it was POURING rain all morning. I decided to walk in my Gortex boots, which was a great idea until the rain starting coming down so hard that the water was running off my legs and into the boots. It was like walking with 2 fishbowls tied to my feet. It sucked.

But I stuck it out, and finished the walk. Got home, took a hot shower, dried my hair, and put on my new socks. They are quite possibly the most wonderful, soft, warm and squishy socks I have ever worn.

Socks That Rock, I love you.

6 comments:

said...

You are really too dedicated - makes me feel positively lazy. Love the socks

said...

Your socks look fantastic!!!

said...

Banjo camp? Cool. The socks look great.

said...

There is nothing better than getting into warm, dry socks after a wet and squishy walk. Except maybe getting into HANDKNIT warm, dry socks! Yum!!

said...

15 MILES ... you and your socks ROCK!

said...

Banjo camp. An actual camping weekend dedicated to learning to play the banjo. How fantastic, and (as they say) ONLY IN AMERICA. I want a banjo camp.