Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Still life in Craftiness

As I was running around this morning getting ready to leave for work I saw this:



The above picture is a perfect summary of my weekend (at least the crafty parts). On the far left, is the completed Rag Quilt I made my father. WAY in advance of Father's Day, I may note. On my knitting basket is the newly started (while watching the new X-men movie) Trekking XXL socks for the Trek Along with me, and the blocked Fields of Gold shawl (waiting for two ends to be woven in so I can declare it officially finished). On the arm of my recliner? The half-finished second sleeve of the Marmalade Jacket!

What I didn't notice, when I snapped this picture, is my work laptop under the quilt. I drove all of the way to work, only to notice as I entered my office, that I had left the damn laptop at home. And as I called my boss to tell him I needed to go get it, I realized that I forgot my cell phone. And while digging through my purse for the cell phone, notice I forget my wallet too! So - I left a message that went something like this - "Hey, it's Cece. I'm heading back home because I forgot my laptop. I would say to call my cell if you need me, but I also forget my cell phone. And let's hope I don't get pulled over, because I forgot my wallet too!"

Sigh. Thank god for a 3 day work week!

5 comments:

said...

Yowza! What a great start to your day, eh?

said...

You were blinded by the beauty of the projects!

said...

Oh I hate days like that. But boy, you have some gorgeous craftiness there.

said...

Some days, it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints, huh?

Pretty work!

said...

well at least you had all 3 in one go andsafe at home.