Monday, May 22, 2006

Cripple Creek

This weekend, I spent a LOT of time practicing that bluegrass tune. Cripple Creek is one of the first 'real' songs that you learn when starting out with banjo. And, during downtime at camp, I was working on my Cedar Creek socks - and managed to finish one - but in my mind they are now 'Cripple Creek' socks:



I also finished my 'carry along' sock project. Every night, they would have a faculty concert... and I would knit while they played. I was finishing up the toe on the second sock when the Kruger Brothers were playing their encore... they are my new all time favorite band. So, I've named these my Kruger socks. If you can believe it the Kruger Brother's are from Switzerland, not exactly a hotbead for bluegrass music!

Here is a picture of the teachers I spent most of my time with this weekend - following the beginner track. Bob Altschuler (on the right) and I started joking around that I was stalking him (I took 8 classes - 6 taught by him).

To round off a pretty perfect weekend, I came home and found my next STR Sock Club package waiting for me!


Today is Aaron and my 2nd wedding anniversary. Words can't really describe how happy I am that we found each other, and how much I love the wonderful life we have together. Happy Anniversary, babe.

7 comments:

said...

Great socks! And Happy Anniversary to you and Aaron.

said...

I am loving that colour - fantastic colourway

said...

I have been waiting for a banjo camp update. In our city we just had a weekend 'string-alon' with about 500 people playing stringed instruments. Music is 'in'cool!! Lovely socks, and beautiful new wool too!!
Happy Anniversary to you both!!!

said...

Happy Anniversary to you and Aaron. Have a great day.

said...

Happy Anniversary-hope you have a great evening. I love the STR color you received!

said...

Happy anniversary! I hope you have a lovely evening celebrating your life together.

said...

happy anniversary....hope the day was just how you wanted to spend it. I love the socks they are great.