Sunday, April 16, 2006

Sock Trade!

Guess what I got in the mail this weekend? My new socks from Suzie!

These are fun 'wear around the house' socks - which Suzie is right - something I don't have. They fit just right! And, she also sent me a skein of Opal... which was a nice surprise.


Here are the ones I knit her:


Since I know she has them, I can FINALLY talk about them!
Specs: Child's First Sock, from Nancy Bush's Knitting Vintage Socks
Yarn: Lorna's Lace's
Needles: Size 0 Pony Pearls.

I picked this pattern because they were for a small woman's foot - so I knew I would never make them for my size 10s. I'm hoping Suzie will post a picture of her wearing them soon, so I know they fit (hint, hint).

Update: She did post! And they do fit!

The weather was so beautiful this weekend, I spend a lot of time outside... went on a walk both days, and planted some pansies in the yard. Nice to finally get some color back!

5 comments:

said...

Both socks are really nice, the colours suit each pattern

said...

Whoo-hoo! So glad yours fit too! They look good on your tootsies!!! I love mine. Thanks so much. Good God, size 0 needles? I should have sent you another skein of Opal just for using those itty bitty needles. I used 8's!!!

said...

Wow both sets of socks are great!

said...

Lovely blue socks! Congrats!

said...

Two nice pairs of socks! Love those cables, and the blue socks are nice and bright!