Thursday, March 02, 2006

I lied....

Remember how excited I was to be done with deadline knitting and sweaters? Well, here is what I have been working on for the past 2 days:

But, a baby sweater isn't the same as two adult sized sweaters... and it's sooooo cute. I saw this knit up in Silk Garden at the Team Boston Closing ceremonies, and knew it would be just perfect. One of the guys on my team at work has a new baby due on March 20th, so I wanted to send this out by today... but I have my doubts. I still have the hood to finish, then some crochet edging and i-cord.

The pattern is from the same pattern book as Karalund - and instead of the non-washable Silk Garden, I'm using Berroco Foliage. They don't know if it's going to be a girl or a boy, so I went with these fun bright colors. I was thinking of Project Spectrum when I bought the yarn... but then realized this month's colors are pink and red - which seem to be the only colors this sweater doesn't have!

In giftie news, my Tribe friend Rox sent me an Amazon gift card! I promptly went to the website, and pre-ordered Big Girl Knits and finally got myself Last Minute Knitted Gifts - which I've been wanting, even though I know there are errors in many patterns. Thanks Rox!!

5 comments:

said...

I have Last Minute Knitted Gifts. There are errors? Is there a correction list somewhere? Thanks, Cece!

said...

Oh it is so cute, I just love the colors. You'll get it done, I have faith in you. You always seem to accomplish what you set your mind to.

said...

Nice pressie! Always can use some extra $'s for eBay...

said...

That sweater is so darling, I almost wish I had kids!

said...

Nice baby jumper the colours are great.